Sunday, January 28, 2018

     
     I started this project with no plan besides using my triangle ruler.  I went in my sewing room and looked directly at my overflowing scrap bin.  I knew then, it had to be made out of those.  Yep, I need to get rid of fabric and declutter. I am having some organizing issues!! 


     I started pulling out fabric and saw a bunch of florals.  Anything from modern to vintage.  Some I bought and some that was given to me.  The perfect fabrics to use in a scrap quilt together.  I decided to mix them with some white.


     When I started, I did not know who I was going to give this too.  After spending some of the first day cutting 8 inch triangles from scraps, I found out a friend that has always treated me as family had breast cancer.  She’s tall, so I cut more triangles.  Making the quilt finish at 72 x 72 inches.  This used up most of my larger floral scraps.  


     I sewed together the triangles randomly, then the rows randomly.  This is always a hard thing for me to do, but usually the quilts turn out awesome. 


     I sandwiched the quilt using some vintage fabric backing with a small scrap added on to make it wide enough.  The quilting is done with free motion quilting of loops in the triangles.  I think I have actually almost perfected this FMQ design!


     The binding I used was made out of some more scrap floral from the quilt.  Machine sewed for this challenge of course. 



     Finished on Saturday, but work was calling.  No time for writing or photography.  


4 comments: