Saturday, March 27, 2021

Viewing The Stars from the houses made up of Masks!



So not sure what to title this quilt.  A Quilt full of scraps from my bin, but mostly from the leftover pieces from about a thousand masks! So there’s the title.  Describing everyone’s last year. 



Last year, Kim Lapacek of Persimmon Dreams gave out a monthly scrap quilt challenge. Well the Pandemic  lockdowns started in March and everyone was stuck at home.  So the April theme then became houses.  



As we were all stuck at home, my life became engulfed in work and mask making. Thus creating another pile of scraps.  And with my goal for 2020 to use up my scraps, this did not help.  



Then a month later I got my Accuquilt cutter and soon later found a deal on a 6 inch Qube.  The pattern and idea struck me.  Yep, another Terry Original. 



     So for a leader and ended project, another quilt began.  Initially with the simple house blocks. 3.5 inch squares and 1.5 x 3.5 inch flying geese sewn on top.  A very simple house. 



Then I decided they needed something a little simpler, less busy with more open space.  The star idea then appeared. To make them, I sewed the cut off triangles onto the corners of 3.5 inch background pieces.  Then flipped them and squared up each block.  Just making a basic wonky star quilt block. 



This quilt has a lot of small pieces, 1230 to be exact.  Yep, lots of work, lots of scraps and a lot of blessings from God! 



Honestly my greatest form of recycling.  Some donated unwanted fabric and all my leftovers.  In a place that God speaks to me.  We survived 2020!! 








3 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful article, Given so much info in it, These type of articles keeps the users interest in the website, and keep on sharing more ... good luck. house for sale in cambodia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read all the comments and suggestions posted by the visitors for this article are very fine,We will wait for your next article so only.Thanks! cool masks

    ReplyDelete