Monday, February 23, 2015

Stargazing!!!! New paper Piecing pattern!!!

     

     As most of you know I am a really big Hillbilly Quilt Shop Ahhhh fan!  Tonya gave me a sneak peak at her newest creation called "Stargazing."  And of course I started it as soon as my pieces arrived! 


   Here is a photo of what she has on her site for the original design. And here is a link to it!!  

http://www.hillbillyquiltshop.com/stargazing/


    The star contains six number 7 Ahhhh's, with triangles on the top and bottom.   


     I used a Jinny Beyer boarder fabric that I fussy cut to make each piece the same. The blue solid fabric and Aqua blender I both purchased as complementary Beyer fabrics. 


     In putting together the star I made the Ahhhh's together first. 


     I then made half an Ahhhh out of 3 stars and sewed 3 Ahhhh's to the other side.   This allowed for an easier process in seeing the completed star together. 


     This is my favorite Ahhhh product I have ever finished.  I really love the center!!!


     I have a plan to make a good sized quilt out of this.  I am going to use 3 stars  that come off a 1/2 star.  As I go I will show you my progress!! 


     Here are some of my photos.  This is one with a black bender background.  I think the look is a little too plain. 


     I like how it looks with the Aqua up against the star.  But it's too bright to use it for the entire background. 


     So my idea is to outline a star in the Aqua fabric and sew it down to the black blender. 


     Here is Tonya's example!!  Tonya from Hillbilly Quilt shop is planning a blog series on this Ahhhh collection.  She made a you tube video as an intro.  Her series will contain a start to finish instruction on paper piecing.  Here is a link to her blog that contains her  video.  I would love for you to follow her.  I have learned so much from her and received so much inspiration from her Ahhhh's!!!

http://hillbillyquiltshop.blogspot.com/2015/02/a-finish-for-real-me.html?m=1


No comments:

Post a Comment