Sunday, May 2, 2021

Yenter Explosion in All The Good



A few months ago I took part in the “All The Good”, quilt along by “Jittery Wings Quiit Company”.  I decided to go out of the box and use some of the Jason Yenter Fabric I was holding onto.  


This was my pull, a mix of yenter solids, blenders, and prints.  I used the border print on the top right for my color theme. I usually don’t go big with black in most patterns, but knew the color selection favored that. The span of his fabric probably ran thru a 10 year span. I wasn’t sure of this, but after the pieces were cut up small, it ended up amazing! No one would ever realize they were from totally different directions. 


As the sew along started, back in January 2021, I followed along with the pattern and the Sew/quilt along here 
All The Good Quilt along.  Each step gave you a week to complete.  Truly a lot to do,  but soo worth it.  And I mean it was a lot of squaring up. Lots of HST and flying geese truly seem the quick method. 



From cutting to sewing each step in the pattern, blog and videos were laid out well. 


My only issue came with laying it out.  I had the challenge of the deadline and set a day to do it.  The issue was, it took all day to lay it out. Yeah, 384 pieces later.. I didn’t have a mental plan of what I wanted at first.  Just the colors I wanted to start in the center of the diamond.  I laid the colors together.  The quilt was made with an improv plan.  The only real direction was for all the flying geese to face the same direction.  I finally had to let go of the control in the quilt and the normal.  Then wouldn’t let myself move much around.  That ended up working for me and I was halfway satisfied how it was laid out.  



Then came the time it took me to sew all those pieces together. It truly took me forever.  I took a breath and a photo when it was done.  Then I folded it and laid it to the side. 



A few weeks later, I received some bulk Jason Yenter material in the mail I bought on a sale post.  I found, yet another piece from one of his collections in the same color way. I sewed it up to make a backing and it simply worked out perfectly. 



Then I want to quilt it a little more modern.  I did a switchback kinda straight line FMQ.  I really don’t like the quilting.  Might have now done something different, but in the let it go world, I let it go.  I did not make it for show, so it is what it is. 



Then came the binding.  I couldn’t really decide.  I grabbed the leftovers and saw the border fabric I used as my color theme. So with that idea, it became the binding.  The perfect finish to one of my now favorite quilts!! 


I am soo happy with the photos BBC and the beautiful location at Luthridge!! It’s the chapel there.  God truly gave me an amazing place that matched the quilt he provided me with the gift to make! 

















No comments:

Post a Comment