Sunday, March 22, 2020

Out of my Crayola box!

   
When I first saw this weeks Project Quilting theme, I was blank.  I didn’t know what to do.  As I scanned my sewing cabinet I realized I didn’t have very much bold fabric. I found an ombré Batik and pulled it out.  But it just wasn’t giving me the feeling that it was right.  Suddenly I remembered another Ombré fabric I bought last year.  Due to the way it was folded, you could tell what it was! Bingo!! Hard to believe the entire quilt is made of just 2 different fabrics. .


     I then pulled a 2 yard piece of black material out.  I wasn’t sure if a plan yet, but had a few ideas. I cut the fabric into 8.5 inch blocks.  Then I used the 4 at a time HST method.  Squared them up into 5.5 inch blocks.

As usual I googled several social media platforms for inspirations and found this stick on tile idea.  I separated the colors into yellow, green, aqua, blue and purple. There were some in between pieces that worked well for the middles.   I changed the star up in the centers bit and worked my way around from yellow to purple!

     I then quilted it using black thread.  You can barely see the swirls, but I finallly feel I perfected the pointy swirls with this quilt.  I didn’t like the plain colors so I tried to do just a bump in each.  I totally don’t like it, but it was a learning experience.

Bound it in the leftover black and my last challenge is done!! Measuring out at 50x60z. All of my Project Quilting quilts this season are full size!

3 comments:

  1. I love this! Very modern and bold looking! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Magnificent!! LOVE that you had just the right piece of fabric in your stash, too.

    ReplyDelete