Saturday, March 7, 2020


    This weeks challenge is right up my alley.  People always ask me what I do with all my quilts.  They look funny when I say, “I give them all away”.  I do, I rarely keep anything, when I decide to keep something, someone usually says something that leads me to give it to them.

     This challenge of “Give It Away”, is the meaning behind the name of my blog.  Quilts and handmade blankets have always made me feel better.  I spent a bit of my life in Foster Care and It makes me feel good to make something and give it away.  The mix of the 2 developed the name Fostering Others.  I keep myself out of depression and honestly destress by crafting! So this theme fits my crafting life!

     My coworkers wife had a major cardiac event about 2 weeks ago.  She needs something to pick up her spirts.  So I went in my sewing room and knew what fabric would be perfect.  I know she loves her dogs!! A few months ago I bought some sale batik fabric from one of my favorite fabric stores with dogs and paw prints imprinted all over the fabric.

     I knew I wouldn’t have much sewing time this week, so I decided to do a big block quilt.  Just 2 colors of fabric to make a dramatic impact.   I made 12 churn dash blocks that were 18 inches each.  I originally planned 16 and decided that the quilt may be to big for hospital use.


   

2 comments:

  1. This is amazing! Love the color combo and your coworker will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a kind and generous thing to do for your coworker's wife! I'm certain it will cheer her as she recuperates.

    ReplyDelete