Sunday, January 14, 2024

Blue Eggs in the Nest

 


As the first Project Quilting Challenge hits, do does another busy week! First up, Bird House's or the homes of birds.  I was originally going to pick a bird house. Then, I found this kit in my wool bin I bought at a store closing sale a few years ago. I didn't buy it for the project, but instead the value of the wool inside! But then again, God had another plan. 

This Kit was a wool block of the month, by I Think, "Stitch in Thyme".  I purchased in Conway, SC at least 3 years ago.


I started away on Sunday cutting the wool and putting it in place. I pulled the wrong side of the sticky off and accidentally reversed the trunk. But in true change function, I went with it! 


Slowly adding the pieces and stitching until it looked a little artsy. Messy French knits of multiple colors on the eggs. Different stitches and colors on each leaf. Chunky stitches on the tree limb. 


Woven brown strips in the nest I tacked down. Just left random and messy. Didn't iron or straighten them. Just left them a mess! 


Sandwiched And messing quilted. Going to hang it on the wall for a few, but thinking that long term, I may stuff it as a pillow! Challenge 1 of the year done and on to the next!! 




1 comment: