Sunday, January 28, 2024

Rainy day Hemingway bag



 

I so knew I didn't have much time this week and knew it needed to be a small project. Went into my sewing room earlier this week and saw this rain fabric and one other matching piece. Well, it was a rainy day here, with gray skies. I knew it was perfect. Grey skies with hopes for spring colors! Still, no plan. 


As I was at work, I grabbed my Hemingway bag I keep things in and knew that I could do a few with the rain fabric! So I ironed it one night, cut double patterns to see how big I could make them with little waste. I've found if you add height to the pattern you can complete a few big bags with zero waste. 

I utilize zippers on a roll, even though I really wanted to use Grey or something, I couldn't find my grey one. These bags are huge and large enough for a laptop. I'm going To give at least one away to a new hand stitched and just maybe use one for a project bag!  Love the Project Quilting Challenges!!  



1 comment:

  1. These are gorgeous! i bought this pattern too and can't wait to make a few bags !

    ReplyDelete