Monday, January 21, 2013

Jury Duty

Spent the week at Jury Duty. I really don't know if I believe jury duty for civil trials is worth it or not anymore. And for Criminal trials, hmmm. What it all comes down to is that they both choose the people with the least education and in the lowest paying jobs. It kinda hurt my feelings that civil judgements against people and our insurance companies are waged this way. I feel that the lawyers know that they will get a better judgement if they have those serving on a jury that are in need of money and will have sympathy. I left jury duty with the belief that I am not sure of the jury process in America. It actually scared me.
On a better note, there were 3 positives of Jury Duty. The first was the fact that I met some truly wonderful people. I was stuck in a room and in the hall with these great people and they made a otherwise wasted time wonderful! The second positive thing was the fact that we were provided nourishments by a wonderful staff member of Berkeley County Government. Getting that Diet Pepsi at my moment of aggravation made my entire day better. It also madero feel like my tax dollars went to good work!!!! But I did get a good laugh from one of my fellow jurors. He said "Hey now we all can say we participated in Americas Food Stamp Program". This led me to other thoughts!!!
And finally the other good this was that for all the time spent in the hall I finished one more of my hand sewn hexagons!!! On a goal of 2 a week!

On to other news, Wade went to his first job interview this week. Got a job and started it!!! Proud of my new bus boy!!!

Below there is a picture of Waylon. After watching several episodes of Duck Dynasty Waylon was ready to help cook a fried Turkey. Needless to say I had a laugh!!

And my favorite thing of the week was going to a baptism of a dear girl Lauren Litchfield. She has been with me for 2 years at church camp and I am sooo proud of her!!! My quilt from last week was given to her with hopes that each day she wraps herself in it that she will remember the step she took last night!!!

I guess my last event of the week was that I finished fasting for church. I was actually very successful in this and the baptism really made me reflect on my life and where I came from! I feel like this is the year I can make a difference. 2013 is the year of Christ!!!
I have not finished much this week. I sewed up a dress and started a new quilt for Project Quilt. I also started a new quilt along. I will do 2 blocks a week for the next 10 weeks. I will try to post each week. I set a goal that I would finish 2 stars a week we are at 3. When I get to 5 I will start sewing them together. This is the project I am most excited about!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment