Friday, January 3, 2014

January Finishes

       So January is coming to a close.  It's been a very busy month with lots of personal stuff.  Every other week I have been working five 12 hour night shifts.  It wears me out:(.  But work is work.  But then life with my dying mother came in.  This month I started the Project Quilt Challenge.    

1- Scrappy Quilt around the world
2- string quilt- DONE
3- crab quilt
4- Rainbow quilt
5- Jean scrap quilt
6- Cindy's moms quilt
7- I spy quilt boy
8- I spy quilt girl
9- Christmas I spy quilt
10- Christmas Tree quilt
11- Cival War Quilt
12- Batik Quilt
13- 2 inch strip quilt
14- breast cancer quilt
15- Bonnie Hunter mystery quilt
16- feed sack quilt
17- rainboot quilt
18- design a block for Persimon Dreams Blog
19- Floor Pillow
20- 37 sunflower blocks almost done
21- Autism quilt for Michael
22- Crown royal Quilt
23- Herbie pocket quilt
24- Karen quilt
25- Herbie Scrap quilt
26- Project Quilt all weeks
27- Bejeweled Quilt
28- Project Quilt bonus challenge. 
29- Project Quilt Monthly Challanges
30- Finish 20 more Ahhhh's- finished 2

    It has been a busy month with my new adjusted work schedule and my mother dying.  My schedule at one hospital is not set, but the other I have now set myself to work every other Sunday night.  I now work at least 4 twelve hour days every other week.  But in the end a nice house will pay off.  A new house.  That should have been goal #1 for 2014!!!

    As I will write in another blog, reuniting with mom before her death took up most of my month.  This month was both a rewarding and sad month when it comes to my life.  More later.

     So back in the crafting world, I finished Quilt #1 of Project Quilt and an extra tease.  A hot pad! One of my other new goals of the year is to make gifts all year.  I decided I would make 1 scrap project for every quilt I finished to use up scraps.  I am hoping that this will do 2 things.  One, cut down on my scrap bin and two, help me be more prepared for Christmas.  The only bad thing is I love to give presents all year so I will have to work harder on keeping extra handmade things!!!
  
     On to goal number 2 of the month,  making 37 sunflower blocks for a block swap I committed to last year.  That is a lot of blocks.  I was almost done when I got the call about my mom so that will be a new Febuary goal.     

     My third goal of the month was part of Project Quilt.  It was a wall hanging that will be part of that other blog.  

    
 If you want to participate, come look here  http://fiberofallsorts.blogspot.com/p/2014-lovely-year-of-finishes.

If you want to participate in project quilt take a look at this link html?m=1http://www.persimondreams.com/project-quilting/what-is-project-quilting

No comments:

Post a Comment