Sunday, January 9, 2022

Scrap use up Project Bags



     I was distracted midweek and honestly did not feel well, so I started going thru my quilt room cleaning a little. The scrap bin for batiks was one of the first things I hit up. The bin was rolling over. 




So I took out all the cut off half square triangles. Turned a lot of them into 2.5 inch squares and laid them out. Made this little piece.  



My sons girlfriend liked it, so I asked her what color to go with it. She picked Orange. So I picked another orange out of my scraps. It happened to be in the piece!!  Made a top and a back.  




The inside. Some cheap batik I bought years ago. Thought this would be a good way to get rid of!! Yep, I can’t waste, but love getting rid of what I have in a project! 



I used the Sashiko to quilt it down.  The machine did not like the thick seams of the fronts.  But did really well on the back plain fabric and batting. 



This was an easy sew. Ended up about 11.5 x 14. Put one of my cheaper cute labels on it and there’s another Project Quilting, All the Color finish!! 



And then I made another.  All scraps from a like 7-8 year ago Project Quilting Challenge. Love the fish on the back!! May keep this one! Yep, that means 3 projects done for this challenge and a few scraps cleaned up! 




And the backs!! Love these! Easy sew! No real pattern! 




3 comments:

  1. Wow!! Those are colorful bags. Three projects? Look at you go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!!! Great use of color and fabric to make something very useful!

    ReplyDelete