Friday, January 21, 2022

The Basset Bag


I started out not knowing what I wanted to do and knowing I needed something small and fast! I currently don’t have a working printer at home, so that made this challenge a little more difficult.  Well, I ended up remembering about a big basset stencil I had. So we all know I love Bassett's!! 



I found a blackish gray big scrap from a piece I used for a backing. I traced the bassett outline on a piece of Steam to seam.  Putting a large piece on the back of the material. Cutting this out carefully so I could create 2 pieces. 


Then I put the middle silhouette onto a dog material and the outline on a white pieces with silver stars.  I have sewed the edges down, then freemotion quilted around the design mimicking the silhouette.  



Then came bag construction.  It took me a few to find a scrap piece of top to Match.  But luckily I had enough of the blackish gray to also do the back.  Add a black zipper and the deer scraps to the inside, this piece is done!! I really wanted to finish the other silhouette project, but time was not on my side. But watch out!! 




Another finish of completely scraps!!! Getting excited a piece at a time!! 



1 comment: