Saturday, April 24, 2021

Simple quilt as you go Quilt!



Sometimes you just need to make a simple quilt!  Sometimes you just want something to be simple.  Here is my simple go to quilt! 


I’ve made a few of these over time.  They are so pleasant and easy to piece.  Especially when you precut them ahead of time, so when you need them, they are there.


To do this, I buy several pieces of coordinating fabric.  Usually by the yard.  Sometimes it’s a few yards. I randomly cut strips 2.5-6 inches by the width of fabric.  This will be your entire top.  I make enough to cover about 56 inches, minus the 1/4 inch seam. 



The backing, I use a product called “Bo Nash adhesive” or fusible fleece.  I cut a piece of fleece about 43 inches wide by the width of fabric.  Then I adhere a piece of backing fabric about 58 inches long on one side.  



Then,  lay the precut strips out in the design you would like 






No comments:

Post a Comment