Saturday, November 23, 2013

Mug Rug Swap

     I took part in a mug rug swap in a group on Facebook.  This was for a winter or Christmas mug rug.  My swap partner chose winter.  Winter theme and I was yet to pull out my Christmas winter fabric.  So I actually went to the store and bought fabric.  Do you know how hard it was to choose something in the store?  I was trying to stay nondenominational.  And when I found fabric I liked I could not find stuff to go with it. So after walking aisles of fabric I made a choice to go a conservative route. I sewed three 2 inch strips together and then realized I could not flip them. So I sewed 2 groups together and took one off the end.  I made three rows and sewed a block of snow fabric on the end.  They ended up to be 8x12.  I know a little big.  I used the darker blue on the back.  I free motion quilted it with multicolored blue thread.  Put the snow as the binding and hand sewed it on.  They turned out pretty cute!!! I mailed it off to a lady in Michigan that I have never met or spoke to.  I hope she likes it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment