Monday, March 30, 2015

Not The Freezer Section Chicken Nuggets


     We have all had those Frozen nuggets.  Some of us have had the ones that claim to be "chicken breast pieces", but we know their not!  I hate them, but love real chicken breast nuggets! 

    I went into Publix again and tried one of their Apron meals!!  I loved the nuggets, so I grabbed a card!  I went to the aisle and of course couldn't find the cornbread Jalapeño crackers it called for.  Yep, my luck, out of stock.  So I decided to make my own. 



     So here is my adapted recipe.

-1 pack boneless skinless chicken breasts. I used the frozen ones.
-1 container Italian bread crumbs.  I used the store brand. 
-1 container Panko seasoned bread crumbs.
-Garlic Powder seasoning
-Old Bay Seasoning
-Ground Red Pepper Seasoning
-Buttermilk
-Cooking Oil Spray

     The amount of each item you will need relies on the amount of chicken you are cooking. 

1- Cut chicken into 1 1/2 inch chicken cubes.  

2- Place in bowl and cover with Buttermilk.  Mix in 1 teaspoon red pepper.  Leave in fridge overnight or for a minimum of 3 hours. 

3- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Spray cookie sheet with oil. 

4- Combine 2 cups bread crumbs, 2 cups Panko crumbs, 1/2 teaspoon garlic, 1/2 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning and 1/2 teaspoon red pepper(less if you don't desire spice). 

5- A few pieces at a time, drain chicken, then place into bread crumbs. Use either fork or hands and press crumbs into chicken.  You will need to add more of the breadcrumb mixture as you go along, dependent on the amount of chicken being cooked. 

6- Place chicken on greased pan, slightly separated. 

7- Cook for 12-14 minutes until tender. 

   


No comments:

Post a Comment