Sunday, February 21, 2021

21st Century Snail Trail twist



     This weeks project quilting challenge theme was the snail trail block.  Well I did my normal google and Pinterest search on the snail trail.  I was honestly going to do a runner or something like that.  Well then I saw this photo and a video. 
     Then the link and video led to an expired pattern.  So I went on to kinda figure it out.  But on 1/2 the blocks I decided to switch it up the block and put a point into the center (pink block). 


     The next hardest part was to decide on the fabric. Yep, I am still shopping from my stash.  I did have a mental list of people I needed to make quilts fit so that helped me decide on this old floral fabric I purchased back in about 2012 by RJR.  I have always had a long time love of vintage florals. This will go to a perfect little girl, a granddaughter of a dear friend. 



     I took part in a retreat with the misfit part of my quilt group Monday where I was able to finish about 1/2 my blocks.  Giving me the rest of the week to finish this.  



I fought with a thread I was trying to quilt with and switched to one that worked  better,  this is quilted in a smoky swirl. Backed in a matching fabric I bought way back when.  Then bound in the green from the blocks. 



    Another quilt don’t in a week for Project Quilting Challenge! #4 for the year and 2 to go.  And of course here’s a happy photo of the week for me!!  My pup, Mrs Annie!! 



3 comments:

  1. Your quilting really enhances the pieced blocks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your version of the Snail's Trail block!! You ended up with a really lovely quilt. Congrats on getting it finished by the PQ12.4 deadline!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this! Great work! such a cute pup!

    ReplyDelete