Friday, February 26, 2021

Full Moon



This has already been a busy year.  I honestly didn’t want to add any more quilts in my bucket.  Especially during Project Quilting.  Well, I needed to make one for a coworkers grandchild and Bea sent me this pattern to test. 



When I saw the pattern, I knew the fabric I wanted to use.  I replaced the lights in her pattern with darks, and the darks with lights. Bea Lee’s aka Beaquilter’s pattern is an easy sew.  One that could easily be done, start to finish in one day.  The pattern is accuquilt friendly. Her is a photo of the larger version and a link to her pattern. 



The fabric is done I started a project on years ago and red juice was spilled. On.  I loved the fabric and put it away.  It’s a Jain Yenter from 2012.  So 9 years later the entire quilt is done from the old collection.  


The only change I made to the pattern was adding 4 inch borders.  This made the stars pop out in the center. I then binded it with the same background fabric to bring it out to the edge.  



I actually really love the background fabric. I am glad I could use it for one big piece. I so wish Jadon Yenter would put out another blue tone collection. 



This is a really simple sew,  I actually may make another, as I am tempted to keep this one.  Try out some of Beaquilter’s patterns.  If you like accuquilt,  you would love the ease of her patterns!  



And on another note.  A smile into my basset eyes! Annie and her brother Cleatus! 


1 comment:

  1. Gotta love those basset ears! just want to hug them all! thanks for testing :)

    ReplyDelete