Thursday, February 25, 2021

Scrappy Brick Story Quilt



This is a quilt from last year that I finished the last week of last year. I started it in 2019 as a leader and ended quilt and finished the top at a retreat in October 2020. 



The quilt is made with over a thousand 2x3 inch pieces.  At first I was cutting them by hand, but late in the year, I bought an accuquilt 6 inch Qube.  Afterwards I realized there was a 2x3 inch double die inside!! That made the cutting process soooo much easier!! 



This is truly an awesome leader and ended quilt. Not much thinking about placement and truly random.  The blocks actually go together quick.  I just attempt to not let 2 of the same fabrics go in any block.  The blocks each measure 10.5 x 10.5. I then sewed up 64 blocks and made an 8 by 8 grid.  



  The backing is a piece that someone gave me, I sewed up to fit the back.    The binding is all scrap leftover from other quilts. 



Honestly, This quilt is a super easy and relaxing sew. I currently have it in the works in a single color block and another scrap quilt version.  I really love how effortlessly this quilt goes together.  Now I also love that I can cut all the blocks on the accuquilt! 



And here’s our crew, Jesse, my sons dog, Fred, the daddy, Annie, the puppy and peach, the momma. 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment