Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Shattered

     

Last year while at quilt camp, I had some leftover squares and a lot of strings. So in normal Terry fashion, I found something to do with them. I was taking part of a year long scrap quilt along over at Persimmon Dreams.  Well,  I started this under the theme of Stripes,  but then she announced another of improv.... well, this totally matches the improv theme. 
 


I started with a random 3.5 square and sewed up the 2 sides with random drips of random widths and lengths in a half log cabin fashion. All from my scraps and a few that others gave me. Some cut straight and some cut as an angle. 



I continued doing this until there was a square bigger then 10.5.  This then made the sides, even if an angle, all straight. 



The squares are all sewn together to make a large log cabin looking block. The top was then made up of 12 blocks.  3 across and 4 down. 



The backing is a large piece of yardage, I pieced together to make large enough.  I then quilted it with long lines at an angle.  Each line about 1-1.5 inches apart. This allowed all the strings to be secured with an extra stitch. 



The binding is a piece of scrap yardage that I cut to finish the quilt off. 



The photos were taken when our lake levels were low. Laid on small pieces of driftwood that match the strings that were all sandwiched together.  



And here’s the cutest little basset puppy Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment