Saturday, February 6, 2021

Trip Out West



Project Quilting challenge #3 is a “virtual vacation”.  I had to think about this one, but it wasn’t hard for me to figure out where I really want to go! Out West to a little cottage or ranch as they call it on my grandparents property.  



    But then I didn’t know how to make a quilt describing that.  Suddenly,  I saw 2 stacks of fabric on the counter I was thinking about making a baby quilts for 2 friends out of.  My thought was out west where the wild flowers grow.  A place that even in sorrow, I’ve always been happy.  Well one of those 2 fabrics had cottages on it.  At that moment, I knew what I was making!!  The fabric is from 2011, “Daisy Cottage” by Lori Holt



     Well I knew the fabric I was going to use,  but no idea on a pattern. I emailed my friend Bea of Beaquilter and she sent me a few samples of projects to test.  I decided on her Merengue pattern that she released today.   Here is a link.  It’s on sale right now. 
meringues



  So using my Accuquilt as she called for,  I got on to cutting!! It actually didn’t take long and would have been better if I hadn’t made a mistake. It calls for the 8 inch Qube and I decided to add a third row and make it square.  



The blocks went together quick, especially since she showed them being sewn up in segments.  Then the dashing and border finished it off. 



I pieced the backing from some fabric in the collections. Then quilted it with a mix of loops, swirls and meanders.  



The binding is some yellow of the collection.  The color I used least in the quilt.  


I took the photos on a fence at a park on the way to a baby shower! 



Honestly,  I love Bea’s patterns.  They usually sew together quick like I like!  My only difference from her, is she likes small 6 inch blocks and I like 9 and 12 inch blocks!  Go on over to her page and she has endless Accuquilt patterns! 



5 comments: