Sunday, March 2, 2014

My First Ever Finished Sampler

 
   About a year ago I took part in a quilt along where we had the chance of making 2 squares a week.  If I remember there were 20 total.  I did not finish all because I had other things going on.  The quilt along was hosted by Persimon Dreams, one of my favorite blogs.


     This was within the 6 months where I feel I truly was begining my journey into quilting. I did not know what a 1/4 foot was and not all my squares were perfect.  So my quilt was not square or perfect.  But it was perfect to me!! 



     I was going to give it to my friend as a graduation present, but my brother in laws at that time girlfriend commented on it.  So I put it up for her she was also graduating!!  I thought I would finish both by graduation, but I did not:(.  So I put it up and pulled the top out last week.   I gave this as a gift for my brother in law and soon to be sister in laws bridal shower.  Congrats Jordan and Helen!!!


     I finished it by just doing basic swirl stippling. And then machine binded it and did a basic swirl on the binding.  If you followed me this far, you know my love for sewing with Chevron, so to match the Clemson University themed top, I backed it in Chevron!!!


     As of today I am starting my second set of sampler blocks.  A little late in the year but hope to have another 2 done for Christmas!!! 



1 comment:

  1. You're so talented and I am incredibly proud of you!

    ReplyDelete