Friday, January 1, 2021

First finish of the year!!

    

 ast year I didn’t have the time to do the Challenge Quilt that jump starts the Project Quilting Year.  But this year, stuck at home with Covid, it provided the perfect distraction. 



One of the biggest challenges I am giving myself is to use up my scraps.  To use up the excesses of my fabric collections that I know I can make just one more quilt out of.  Well this challenge fit perfect with that goal.  



Several years ago I used this same Jason Yenter Collection in a Project Quilting Challenge Quilt. If I remember right it was called something like, “My favorite favorite collection”.  Well,  I still love the fabric and I am actually using some in my EPP challenge quilt. 




Not sure what I want to do with this quilt,  maybe use it as a wall hanger for a few.  Or give it to a niece as a doll quilt.  



I added a double border to it that added another 6 inches to its size. The backing was hard, I didn’t want to use the collection,  I finally found a random piece in my fabric cabinet I was willing to spare. Then used it as a FMQ sampler and literally just played on it.  Doing these little ones like this, kinda feels good.  I love playing with FMQ! 





1 comment:

  1. I think your quilt is wonderful! I recently discovered Persimon Dreams. I hope to participate this year. Congratulations. I love your quilt. —Paula

    ReplyDelete