Friday, January 1, 2021

Hunters Star Scrap Quilt



My first officially finished Accuquilt quilt.  Well, outside of class. I bought the cutter back in the spring and my friend Bea Lee suggested the Hunters Star Die.  



Well, it’s about the same time the Scrap Star quilt challenge came out.  So you know it fit this challenge perfect.  



Besides the border and backing, the quilt is 100% scraps.  Even the binding is leftover from another quilts backing. 



Honestly,  using batiks with the Hunters Star die may be the best.  No worries about reversed directions.  Because of the grooves in the Accuquilt pieces this became an awesome leader and ended quilt.  Especially for the 700 masks I made this year.  



I ended up finishing the top at Luthridge in October at a quilt retreat and just never had time to finish it.  So I added the borders this week. One that I also auditioned above at camp.  Yep a leftover. 



The quilt ended up measuring 65x76. 



Then FMQ with a random loop fan looking design I saw on Pinterest. 



Then I made this cute pillow out of all the scraps! 



The backing is a large piece of yardage I bought at a guild fabric sale. 



Our lake levels are drastically down, providing the perfect setting for some photo taking! This quilt may stay with me, well, at least for a little while! 




2 comments:

  1. Lovely! Good use of scraps & finally using
    the die. I see more in your future.

    ReplyDelete