Sunday, January 24, 2021

Fussy Cutting Ribbon Hearts



 This weeks Project Quilting Challenge I knew was going to go along with a busy week.  As that to a few other sew alongs I am taking part in and the Quilt Guild Project I am semi in charge of.  Then I am still just not feeling better.  So when the Challenge Came out, I was sooo unsure of what to do. 


   I had already planned a project and pulled the fabric for my Guild Project on Sunday.  I somehow at first thought I  could use this as my weekly project also, then I realized there wasn’t much to fuzzy cut and it wouldn’t be right.  But I loved the fabric...



So, on to pulling out some more fabric.  My Guild project is a Holiday themed small project each month. A month ahead of the holiday.  So next month is Valentines. My counterpart in planning picked an Accuquilt Wonky Heart die.  I then added a square in the square to give my beginning sewers an option a little easier.  They could do a runner, placement or a pillow. 



I fussy cut some breast cancer material that’s probably been in my stash for about 10 years. Leftover from an early quilt and matched it with some pink that was also at least 5 years old.  The ribbon hearts are left floating about the center of the blocks. 



I combined 4 squares and 5 wonky hearts to make the pillow.  This leaves a hidden star in the setting. 
The Wonky heart dies make 2 hearts with rotating colors.  This making 2 of the same, but opposite pillows.  



I backed the pillow top with scrap batting and a piece of polyester blend to quit.  Then quilted the top with loops and simple hearts.  



Sewed on the envelope backing.  Then stitched around the edges to give it an awesome pillow finished look! 2 small projects that make me smile.  Already know who I am giving one of these too!! 

2 comments: