Saturday, January 2, 2021

Quilts that sooo Need to get done



Every year I kinda make a list in the notes section of my iPhone of quilts in progress and quilt dreams or just plans.  Well,  in the time I suddenly have to rest,  I thought it would be neat to be like my friend Bea Lee and make a list of quilts for the year. 

 She lists all her projects and at what stage they are all in.  So my challenge is to make the list, add to it as I go and find things in my cabinet and empty baskets in 2021.  But then, keep using up my scraps.  My other goal, is to try and use up fabric instead of buy.  I really want to be able to put all my fabric in my cabinets and not have anything stuffed somewhere.  

As time goes, this post is sadly going to grow,  yep as I discover more undone things and another box. But I stopped at 30 for now.  With my goal being to finish at least 2 things a month,  I should be able to get a big chunk of these done this year. 

1- House quilt- lots of pieces and rows together


2- Small old antique embroidery quilt- only the original blob lock and fabric pulled.  Plan to box the blocks in, maybe like a log cabin.


3-Harvest Road Quilt- blocks cut, a few pieces sewn together 


4-Debbie row by row- omg, so much to do


5-Rooster on board- one section done.  I think this will be a retreat quilt for this year


6- Pumpkin quilt-  fabrics pulled and all in a box


7- Pineapple place mat- needs to be put together and quilted


8- Jelly roll quilt-  undid it for a race demo in class.  Sewed a few corners and now it’s sittin a box. 


9- Moma quilt- I need to make several of these, but for 2 years,  I’ve had fabric pulled for at least one and sitting in a box. 


10- Sunflower quilt- made with my friends daughters clothes for her kids 


11- Sunflower 2- same as above


12-Sunflower 3- yep, same


13- Bow tie quilt-  I cut a bunch of scrap squared to make this and never did it. 


14- Bea Lea Jumbled Sampler-  Accuquilt quilt fit the year


15- Sewcialites- 12 blocks out of 36 blocks done


16- Ultimate beginner Sampler- needs borders, top done. 


17- T quilt from years ago-  at least 2 blocks done.


18- Stained glass window-  lots of blocks done years old


19- animal embroidery-  needs just a few blocks. 


20- Kaffe embroidery quilt- needs borders.  Top done,  at least 2 years old


21- Yenter embroidery-  needs a few blocks finished


22- batik embroidery-  needs a few blocks finished


23- crown of thorns.  Has a few blocks cut out. Several sewn together 


24- Tree quilt- not started


25- Scrap log cabin quilt- not started


26- Selvedge aqua quilt-  some selvedge blocks done


27- string block quilt-  random sized string blocks 


28- pineapple sampler quilt- 3 blocks started. 


29- batik HST quilt- lesson from class


30- persimmon dreams block of the month


31- Pat Sloan star quilt


Yep, all to go along with my year titled Finish!! 






No comments:

Post a Comment