Sunday, January 10, 2021

Lake Moultrie Low levels despite the rain



For my first trip out of the house in 2 weeks, Frankie and I took a trip out to the boat landing down the road. Perfect Social Distancing!  



We have been watching the water levels drop.  He’s been riding out there every day.  I have been too sick to leave the house.  



Today,  I felt ok enough to go for a short walk.  



The walk was exhausting but so worth the views.  I have not seen the lake this low since 2008. It actually went lower then this that year, but each time it does,  the view and things you see are amazing.  



We are blessed to live right off the lake and enjoy it all the time.  Well, this area has actually been one of Frankie and I, special places.  We go there too often. A consistent for us for over 25 years. 



All of the amazing cedar stumps still visible there 80 years later.  80 years after they formed the lake. 



The beauty of each.  How smooth and soft they are to touch. 



They are so amazing to just look at sticking up random everywhere we usually take the boat fishing.  



A short pleasant walk that meant the world.  One I really needed and enjoyed.  



Even the few breaks in between.  



The puppy playing 



And the Cypress Knobs/knees.  The big trees system is amazing! 



And I really could go on and on with photos! 



Look at the awesome ridges




















No comments:

Post a Comment