Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Row by Row 2016 Day 1

     I have been in a quilting slump for a while.  Haven't been able to get out.  Think it's mostly due to this building, moving, unpacking and house decorating adventure I have been on for too long!  But here it is row by row time and I am always excited to travel and visit the shops!! I am determined to finish in less then a week, maybe get out of this slump. 

     For day one I decided to visit as many stores  as possible in 1 trip. Yep, 9-10 stores in 1 day was my plan.  My other decision for this years quilt is for half of my rows to be from different stores then last year.  Staying local by keeping my favorite local stores in my quilt.  


     1000 AM and was the first quilter at Stitch N' Sew in Mt Pleasant, Sc.  A cute little shop hidden in the trees!  She told me I was this years first Rower!!  


     1040 and made it to one of my favorite places with the best fabric sisters!! Five Eighths Seams has a new store with lots of room this year!  Got a little behind here.  They were a little busy, then after I left I realized my row wasn't in my bag.  Back to the shop and on the road again!!


     1140, managed a brunch drive thru stop at one of my favorite places!!  Love the cow!!


     1145 down the road I walked into my true local quilt shop, People Places and Quilts!   The owner Diane met me at the door.  She told me that she was wondering were I was at!! Made my day.  She quickly explained her kits and got me on the road in a hurry!!  Just in time to sit in traffic on the interstate..... And ignore the bad photo. 


     105 PM after being stuck in interstate traffic forever and a detour,  I made it to Orangeburg.  My first ever visit to A Stitch  In Time, Again.  The store was truly full of fabric,  and shockingly it had some of my favorite old Jason Yenter! 


     220 Finally made it to Lexington!!  My first stop at Sew Suite Studio.  The smallest of the shops I visited, but full of up to date fabric and lots of machines. 


     255-  Across Lexington, or just down the road was the hardest store to find.  The store is tucked away, behind and below the strip mall.  No sign to be had to find it.   Pieces and patches,  full of awesome fabric, a neat clearance section and lots of machines. 


     330-  On to West Columbia,  watch out the GPS might take you out of your way and down the block to the "hood", but with some research I found Creative Sewing Machine Center.  Clearly the largest private sewing store in SC!! Awesome place to visit and would love to find time to go back!! 


     445- Since I was passing by I decided to stop!! I use to eat lunch here some while in Nursing school.  Sure miss the Oreo bars!! The place has grown.  Need to remember to go by again sometime soon!! 


     455- Made it to Sumter and another new Store,  Heirloom Child.  Another small store with lots of batiks!  I have probably passed this store several times in the past and never knew it was there, but new signage leads you right in! 


     515- My last stop and a place I actually felt comfortable to breath for a few minutes, Treadle Pushers.  Not sure, but I felt right at home there.   I love the owner and her "Quilt Bar" philosophy!!  I think this is truly a community shop! 

     645- I made it home with just enough time to start a row!! 

Thanks for following me today!   Stay tuned tomorrow for my finished rows! 

     


No comments:

Post a Comment