Saturday, October 19, 2013

Sewing makes a day better


     Today was a day full of sadness and happiness in one day.  Every year I go to the Komen Race for a Cure with my friend Diana, a breast cancer survivor. This year was bittersweet. I was mourning the death of my dear friend as well as celebrating the life of Diana. And I met up with my special friend Angela and her mom that I don't see often enough.  Seeing the survivors on that stage reminded me how lucky I am to have good health and to have a healthy family. Please go get your breast exam and encourage your friends and family to do the same. 
     The joy of the day was that I bought my first antique sewing machine.  A Singer featherweight.  It's a white 1963 machine that I believe was made in Scotland.  I got it from a local auction and it came with lots of accessories!!! Oh and this little handmade table.  My first item won at auction!!  I did not pull it out till late tonight, but the good news is it sews perfectly.  So excited for the things I am going to be able to do with it!!  
     Stay tuned tomorrow for a post of some of my projects and thanks for reading and listen to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment