Tuesday, October 29, 2013

WIP Wednesday

I
     Oh my how many projects am I working on? It's getting to be the holidays and I am going in so many directions. I have so many projects going and so many planned.  But I am on a roll with sewing. It just hasn't been on what I need to sew on!
     I have been working on this Gemstone quilt for the last few weeks. I laid it to the side about a week ago and my goal is to have it done by November 15. I need to get Christmas on a roll!!
     The thing I have really been working on is this weeks new love!  I discovered String Quilting.  And I am doing Wonky string Quilt at that! I love Bonnie from quiltville and her tutorials!  I am using Wax paper because that is all I had.  I have done like 15, six inch squares and I am on a roll. I am quickly using up my scrap bin! 
     I actually cut all my square out of my scrap bin into 2, 2 1/2, 3, 3 1/2, 4, 5 and 6 inch squares. These will all be used later in my quilting life!  Then I have been keeping all my strips and little pieces for something.  Now I am working on that something, strip quilting.  I actually see the squares and pieces I cut as free quilts.  I have decided that next year I will make at least 1 project a month out of my scraps so be in the look out!! 
     The last thing I have been working in is outfits! Lots and lots of outfits!


No comments:

Post a Comment