Monday, March 8, 2021

Clover Pillows and place mats



This year my quilt group is doing a monthly theme block and small items at meetings. Well last month, it was Clovers! 



Since I truly have Irish heritage, I am excited to add a St Patty’s month project to my collection. I already had one rather large runner I made several years ago.  Now I will have matching placemats and a few pillows!
 


    Since I am doing the demos this year,  I always make extra and give one to my mother in law.  All three of these items are made with simple blocks and 3 different ways. I love showing everyone a variety so that everyone may find one they love! 



I didn’t really get to celebrate St Patty’s day like I wanted, so instead, we ate dinner as a family yesterday. This month to celebrate Wades girlfriends birthday month.  I was in a baking mood.  So I cooked an old family recipes of Soda Bread.  Then 2 more types of soda bread.  



This is my aunts recipe that came down from Great grandma Riley. I added pineapple instead of Raisin,  like she did.  I cooked this one in a cast iron skillet. This gave it a cornbread like crust.   



This is a plain old loaf.  Nothing special and nothing added until the end when I ran a stick of butter across the top. Cooked in a cast iron Dutch oven.  I think it’s my new go too! 


This is the Bailey Irish Creme soda bread also made in the Dutch oven.  It’s pretty good. 


An entire table of delicious!!! Love seeing what people like best! 


Then there is this Bailey’s Irish Creme pound cake! I sooo love this, but it boiled out of the pan it said to cook it in the oven and made my house stink. 



Then add all of this to Corned beef and Cabbage and meatloaf!! Perfect family meal time.  Then their is this precious little fellow!! My sons Basset hound named Cleatus!! 









1 comment:

  1. Lovely clover items and cute doggie are the puppies all gone?

    ReplyDelete