Wednesday, March 31, 2021

It’s the Beginning of Garden Season!!!



It’s that time of year when I fix up the yard and plant up the planters!  Last year, we bought these troughs with a built in drainage hole. I covered the area in front of the hole with bricks and landscaping material.  Not everything we planted there grew well, but those things not hanging over the edge, really did.  



So this year I am trying something new,  a bean arch. This is honestly made out of scraps.  Some T posts that my son brought home from an old construction job and some old wire left over from a dog pen. I pushed the t posts as far down in the bed as I could and then stretched the wire over the sides.  Then zip ties to connect and we are on way!! I planted pole beans on both sides of this structure. 



Outside of that I planted a variety of peppers.  I still need to get a few more pepper plants for the far bed.  This mixed harvest gardening worked well before and hoping it will again. 



In the trough closest to the porch, I planted Brussel sprouts.  I haven’t grown those before, but if you know me, I have to try everything! Around that, yep, more peppers. 



In the planters on the porch I started each with a few pansies, followed by mixed flowers and greenery. Then another few sets of peppers and the last of the tomato plants. I still have one planter to go, but we will see how this flows!! Excited to see the season’s future harvest!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment