Thursday, May 21, 2015

Spring Into Summer Retreat

    

    Yesterday afternoon I returned from the Quilters of South Carolina "Spring Into Summer Retreat."  The retreat is the third week in May every year at The White Oak  Conference Center in Winnsboro, SC. 


     I have attended for two years and enjoyed every minute of it.  For five days and 4 nights we do nothing but socialize and quilt to our hearts delight. We learn from each other, take each other's guidance, solve each other's problems and simply cure each other's hearts. Each person leaves refreshed and enthusiastic to quilt!


    This year I didn't finish all of my goals but I feel like I accomplished a lot!!  I finished 2 quilts, a pillow cover and a Tuffet.   I also started my quilt of the month Challenge. 


     The facility and food are wonderful.  The grounds have plenty of trails to walk on. The buildings are well kept.  The rooms for sewing are large with good lighting.  The sleeping accommodations may not look well from the outside but are very decent on the inside.  The rooms and bathrooms are very clean. 


     If you are a South Carolina Quilter, I encourage you to join in and come see us next year!!


No comments:

Post a Comment