Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Row By Row South Carolina Day 3


     Today begins day three and a day I have to work a 12 hour shift amongst other things.  But I am out for a good start, I have 2 rows sewn, 1 row with just a border to finish, 1 row with adhesive ironed on and ready to cut and one row drawn on adhesive ready to iron.  


     First Quilt shop today is People, Places and Quilts in Summerville, SC.  This is the private fabric store closest to my house.  Honestly,  it is one of the best!  I bought my machine there.  Have taken classes there and the ladies there are so knowledgeable and excited about sewing.  The store has been open for 26 years and a mother daughter team run it.  They always have a wonderful variety of fabric and are willing to buy what the customers like.   My favorite person there is Sue the sewing machine lady!  

     I of course loved the pattern.  I love the batik fabric but most of all love the way it pertains to our local water enviornment!! Part of the reason I like PPQ is all of their little touches!  Even the pattern is beyond wonderful, it's a full size layout of the row.  

     Had to work 12 hours tonight. I did not finish a row, but was able to get some cutting done. Watch out for what I finish tomorrow!  So excited! 

No comments:

Post a Comment