Sunday, June 14, 2015

Ciera's John Deere Quilt


     It seems like the kids I couched years ago are all growing up.  Today is Ciera's baby shower.  She is having a little girl.  I originally planned to make this really neat quilt, but with everything going on around here, I just did not have time. 


     I already had the blocks cut with the other quilt I had planned so I went with a basic old fashion steps quilt.  This is the same fabric collection I made up for my last quilt, John Deere pink. 


     For the backing I chose a big John Deere green and white Chevron.  The binding was done in the bright pink polka dot.  


     The most intricate part of this quilt is all of the swirls.  I think I really love doing swirls of all sizes!!    The free motion quilting of the swirls seems so natural to me.  


     I decided again to quilt on this fabric in bright pink.  Some of the colors are so masculine, but the pink just makes it all girl!!


     I think I may do one more quilt out of this fabric before I retire it to the scrap bin!!


No comments:

Post a Comment